Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Manicures & Mimosas


 After almost an entire year in this year in this Pandemic, I am going a bit crazy.  Missing my friends and our monthly dinners together, but thankful we can at least see each other once a month online.  For this month's monthly dinner, I wanted to support one of my good friends (and monthly dinner ladies) who sells Color Street nail strips.  I decided to make my theme Manicures & Mimosas.  Honesty...who doesn't love a mimosa at any time of day!


Invite: 
I found a simple image of a mimosa online that I really liked and designed my invitation around that. Nothing super fancy with this one.


Party Details: 
At a Manicures & Mimosa party, you of course have to serve mimosas.  I bought some mini bottles of champagne and mini bottles of orange juice to give each guest.  I created a label for the orange juice that matched the invite.  I added a fun message to the label encouraging guests to get "on a juice cleanse...drink mimosas!"


I gave each guest a plastic champagne flute, but dressed them up a little by folding a yellow napkin inside and crafting a paper orange slice to garnish the rim.  I used my Cricut machine to create the orange, made a cut with scissors in the middle, and then slid the slice on the rim of the glass.


Menu: 
Mimosas are most often served with breakfast and brunch, so that is the menu that I designed even though this was for dinner.  It was all delicious no matter what time of day we ate!  


We started with a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Strata.  I found the recipe here.  We really enjoyed this recipe, and I loved how easy it was to make.  I used a large uncut loaf of herb seasoned bread instead of a baguette.  I also added more bacon than it says, but I love bacon.  Otherwise, I stuck to the recipe.  Loved that I could make this a day ahead, leave it in the fridge, and then add the toppings and bake it right before the party.


I served a fruit salad on the side.  The fruit salad had watermelon, blueberries, green grapes, cantaloupe, and strawberries.  It was a nice light addition to the meal.


For a breakfast "dessert," I made Cinnamon Roll Muffins.  I followed this recipe here.  These were tasty.  I tried to follow the recipe exactly, but honestly had trouble with the cinnamon swirl.  I am not an expert baker or anything, so maybe most people are able to do exactly what the recipes says, but I found my mixture thick and not able to swirl at all.  The recipe says to heat it more if this is the case, but that didn't work for me.  I even added a little more butter, but it was a very similar consistency.  I think my cinnamon rolls cupcakes looked fine and tasted fine, they just didn't have the swirl look as much as the original photos in this recipe show.


I wrapped up my muffins since these Pandemic dinners have to be online rather than together.  I placed each muffin on a lemon coaster.  I picked these up years ago in the Target dollar bin and new I would use them someday! 


I created a tag for my muffins and sealed the bags with a fun yellow ribbon.


Favor: My good friend that sells Color Street nail strips donated all the items for the favor.  She included a scratch off discount card, two sample pairs of nail strips, a nail file, and two tools that are perfect for applying Color Street.  I created a fun tag - "A Mimosa a day keeps the worries away. A manicure every weeks helps too!"

We had a great time on Zoom together to end the night showing off our nails & laughing with friends.  It has been of year of these dinners on Zoom rather than in person.  Hoping to get back to in person events in the near future.

No comments: