This party was the beginning of August, so there was just one week until I would back to teaching. I love being a teacher, but I do love my summer free time! For August's monthly dinner theme, I went with something fun, but tied in the school year beginning as well. It was a Where's Waldo theme! I asked the girls to come dressed in stripes and jeans, and they did not disappoint!
Invite: To match Waldo, the party and invite colors were red, white, and light blue. I found images of Waldo online and designed the invite around that. I kept it simple with the tag line of "Before you get LOST in the school year, come FIND your favorite people."
Decorations: I set the table with a blue tablecloth and found some red and white 12x12 strapbook paper in my stash to lay out as a table runner. I borrowed some Where's Waldo books from some neighbors to set on top of the striped paper.
I ordered a Where's Waldo hat and glasses from Amazon for the centerpiece and added a red and white striped ribbon to a dollar store vase that I spray painted red and placed fake white roses inside.
In the frame was a Chatgpt created image with my guests inside. I found unique photos of each guest, then asked Chatgpt to create a Where's Waldo scene with each guest somewhere in the scene as well as Waldo himself. The guests were easy to find which was perfect as it just served as a quick and fun activity. I added a couple Waldo images cut out with my Cricut machine around the frame.
How did the guest's know what to look for in the created image? I created their place cards with the original photos I gave Chatgpt to create the scene. Instead of Where's Waldo, I photoshopped the logo to replace the Waldo text with each guest's name.
I found striped napkins at Michaels Craft Store which fit perfectly with the theme. Just set a pair of Waldo glasses to the front cut out of card stock with my Cricut.
I designed my wine labels to match the theme and party colors. For the white wine I photoshopped Waldo with a glass of white wine inside a magnifying glass with the text "Found It! Waldo's White Wine." I used a red and white striped background. For the red wine, I used an image of Waldo holding a sign. On the sign, I designed the logo to say Where's Waldo's Wine? and added the phrase "Searching for Sauvignon." The background was an image from a Where's Waldo puzzle.
Menu: I brainstormed red and white food or striped food to create my menu. We started with a Wandering Waldo's Wedge Salad. I LOVE wedge salad, and I think in the almost 20 years I have been hosting these themed dinners, I have never served one! The salad has red tomatoes and white (blue) cheese along with red onion and bacon.
Next was chicken parmesan (red spaghetti sauce and white cheese). I wish I had purchased thinner chicken breasts or pounded them a little as they were each a big portion, but they were tasty. I served the chicken over spaghetti noodles with additional sauce.
Along with the chicken, I served striped breadsticks. I followed this recipe, but just used generic store bought pizza dough rather than the brand in the recipe. I didn't shape them into candy canes since this was not a Christmas party. Reminder: wear disposable gloves when you dye the dough unless you want red hands!
Favor: I purchased red and white striped popcorn boxes from Amazon (stripes are going the wrong way, but oh well). I filled them with popcorn and red and white M&Ms from Michaels. FYI - the M&M's were SOOOO expensive even with a coupon. If you ever think you'll do this theme and want a favor like this, try to purchase the M&Ms around Valentine's where you can get red and white M&Ms for much cheaper.
The tag I designed for these pulled in words like search and find to fit with the Waldo idea, but linked it to friendship - "You don't have to search far to find the sweetest part of life...good friends."
I ordered a Where's Waldo hat and glasses from Amazon for the centerpiece and added a red and white striped ribbon to a dollar store vase that I spray painted red and placed fake white roses inside.
In the frame was a Chatgpt created image with my guests inside. I found unique photos of each guest, then asked Chatgpt to create a Where's Waldo scene with each guest somewhere in the scene as well as Waldo himself. The guests were easy to find which was perfect as it just served as a quick and fun activity. I added a couple Waldo images cut out with my Cricut machine around the frame.
How did the guest's know what to look for in the created image? I created their place cards with the original photos I gave Chatgpt to create the scene. Instead of Where's Waldo, I photoshopped the logo to replace the Waldo text with each guest's name.
I found striped napkins at Michaels Craft Store which fit perfectly with the theme. Just set a pair of Waldo glasses to the front cut out of card stock with my Cricut.
I designed my wine labels to match the theme and party colors. For the white wine I photoshopped Waldo with a glass of white wine inside a magnifying glass with the text "Found It! Waldo's White Wine." I used a red and white striped background. For the red wine, I used an image of Waldo holding a sign. On the sign, I designed the logo to say Where's Waldo's Wine? and added the phrase "Searching for Sauvignon." The background was an image from a Where's Waldo puzzle.
Menu: I brainstormed red and white food or striped food to create my menu. We started with a Wandering Waldo's Wedge Salad. I LOVE wedge salad, and I think in the almost 20 years I have been hosting these themed dinners, I have never served one! The salad has red tomatoes and white (blue) cheese along with red onion and bacon.
Next was chicken parmesan (red spaghetti sauce and white cheese). I wish I had purchased thinner chicken breasts or pounded them a little as they were each a big portion, but they were tasty. I served the chicken over spaghetti noodles with additional sauce.
Along with the chicken, I served striped breadsticks. I followed this recipe, but just used generic store bought pizza dough rather than the brand in the recipe. I didn't shape them into candy canes since this was not a Christmas party. Reminder: wear disposable gloves when you dye the dough unless you want red hands!
Favor: I purchased red and white striped popcorn boxes from Amazon (stripes are going the wrong way, but oh well). I filled them with popcorn and red and white M&Ms from Michaels. FYI - the M&M's were SOOOO expensive even with a coupon. If you ever think you'll do this theme and want a favor like this, try to purchase the M&Ms around Valentine's where you can get red and white M&Ms for much cheaper.
The tag I designed for these pulled in words like search and find to fit with the Waldo idea, but linked it to friendship - "You don't have to search far to find the sweetest part of life...good friends."




No comments:
Post a Comment